Preferred Mechanical Plan/Spec Contracting Division
Plans and Specifications (Plan/Spec) construction is the traditional method for project delivery and differs in several aspects from Design-Build. In Plan/Spec construction, it is the owner’s responsibility to bring a feasible design to the Preferred Contractors’ construction team. From the mechanical design aspect, the Plan/Spec process works well for projects where the design team has a lot of experience, such as projects they have produced repetitively.
In the Plan/Spec model the client submits engineered plans and specifications to Preferred Mechanical Contractors, these plans and specifications are carefully reviewed, by the estimating team so that a precise quotation can be prepared for the client’s consideration. Preferred Contractors’experience with Design-Build allows us to understand the design process used by other mechanical experts and engineers on every project, and bring potential design or installation concerns with the design to light early before there is a cost impact on the project.
Once the proposal is accepted, the Preferred Contractors’ team collaborates with the design engineer, installing the HVAC systems as specified by the design firm.
- In-house Estimating Department
- On-time and Accurate estimates
- Detailed Scope-of-Work
- Competitive Pricing
- Value Engineering Services
- Timely Submittal Preparation and Approval
- Prompt Permit Submission and Approval
- Fast-Track Expertise
- Prefabrication / Pre-Purchase of Long Lead-time Items
- Plan and Specification Installation
- CAD/BIM Co-ordination, Interference, and As-built Drawings
- Project Management Team for Multi-Trade Coordination
- System Commissioning
- Timely Owner’s Manual Preparation
- Owner Training
- Immediate Attention to Punch-List Items
- Priority Warranty Response